Hagstrom, S. Journal of Pediatric Nursing. Published online: 21 November 2016
- •Separation was a primary source of stress for mothers with children at home.
- •The child’s illness and its potential effect on the future added to family stress.
- •Despite being told what to expect, families did not feel prepared for changes.
- •Parents reported a relationship between stress and uncertainty about the outcome.
- •Family context must be considered when assessing the stress of PICU hospitalization.
Read the full abstract here