NICE has updated its clinical guideline Intrapartum care for healthy women and babies (CG190). This guideline covers the care of healthy women and their babies during labour and immediately after the birth. NICE has reviewed the evidence on the effectiveness of midwife-led continuity models and other models of care and deleted a recommendation about team midwifery.
- choosing place of birth
- the latent first stage of labour
- initial and ongoing assessment
- transfer of care
- pain relief and monitoring during labour
- care in the first, second and third stages of labour
- care of the baby and woman after the birth